Friday, January 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies - with a twist

Is there anything quite like a peanut butter cookie? I love the silky smooth yummy softness of a great peanut butter cookie! I don't make them that often, maybe a couple of times per year, but for some reason I just needed to make some this week.
I found a recipe that had a little something different in them, and thought I would try them. I was happy with the turn out, and thought I would share that recipe here with you. They have oatmeal in them, which makes them healthy right! Try them, they are really good.

Peanut, Honey and Oat Cookies

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey (I used agave nectar and used a wee bit less)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped peanuts (or you could add more oatmeal instead of)

Cream margarine, PB, brown sugar and honey. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and add to creamed mixture. Stir in rolled oats and nuts. Drop by the tsp full onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.


Enjoy!

Have a good weekend everyone!

~Tannis~



I hope you make them.....enjoy!

~Tannis~

No comments:

Post a Comment