Monday, May 14, 2012

Great Bran Muffin Recipe

Check out this amazing Bran Muffin Recipe, try it, you will like it!

Bran Muffins

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup raisins

1 cup buttermilk or sour milk
1 cup bran

1/3 cup oil
3 tbsp molasses
1 egg
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp vanilla

In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and raisins. Stir well. Push up the sides of bowl making well in center.

In another bowl stir buttermilk and bran. Let stand  minutes.

Add remaining ingredients to bran mixture in order given. Beat with spoon until mixed. Pour into well. Stir just to moisten. The batter will be lumpy. Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 375 degrees. for 20  minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

Note: to make sour milk, add 1 tsp vinegar to measure 1 cup.

So in true Tannis fashion, I do deviate from this recipe! I don't like raisins in my baking so I don't include them. If you make a double batch, you can also substitute half of the oil with apple sauce! I top my muffins with some sunflower seeds as well, just for that little something special!



Enjoy!

Tannis

No comments:

Post a Comment