Monday, January 28, 2013

Plain Old Scrap booking

Wow, these last couple of days have been great! All I've been doing is scrap booking. For me! My albums!

Usually I am under the gun to design pages for one of my workshops, or I am making cards, or something to sell. The last time I did any  scrap booking for me was in November at my scrap booking retreat. That seems like ages ago. This weekend though, I committed to trying to finalize some of my albums, and I completed over 16 pages! It feels great. I know I won't be able to keep up the momentum, but I hope that it helps to keep me inspired to scrap book my life a little more often. I have a renewed love for my pictures, my pages and my story. I will share with you, as I take pictures and organize them, but for now, here is a before and after of a layout that I quite like. 
 
This is using the Creative Memories Simply Beautiful (I know, shame on me for using retired product still, but it remains to be a favorite with me), with my two favorite colors, grape and green apple (the two best colors ever!).  Tools used were the hexagon custom cutting tool from ages ago, the butterfly punch, corner rounder and the frame chain border cartridge, as well as the scallop stitch border cartridge.





This was my daughters Twelfth birthday. This picture right here, pretty much sums up how she feels about cupcakes!

Thanks so much for checking in. If you like what you see, please consider pinning this to Pinterest, share my blog with a friend, leave me a comment or sign up to get updates from my blog. To do that, just enter your e mail address in the box provided on the right hand side where is says "follow by e mail".

Take care!

Tannis

2 comments: