Monday, January 21, 2013

Rhubarb Coffee Cake

My husband was going to join me on a 40 day challenge that I am taking part of, his challenge was going to be to give up baked goods. Oh boy! I knew it was going to be a tough one for him to keep to, and for me to not bake. A few days in, he decided that he chose the wrong kind of challenge. That meant for me, I could bake again!

I'm sharing with you, my Rhubarb Coffee Cake Recipe. Have it with a steaming hot cup of coffee or tea!

Rhubarb Coffee Cake


1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups rhubarb


Topping

1 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp melted butter

Cream butter, sugar and eggs with a mixer. Mix in sour cream, and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder.  Add flour mixture to the sour cream mixture alternately. Add in the rhubarb last by stirring in with a spoon.

For the topping, mix all ingredients together.

Grease either a tube pan or an 8x8 pan and pour batter in alternately with the topping. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-45 minutes.

Yummy, check out the finished product!

Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!










No comments:

Post a Comment