Saturday, June 1, 2013

Strawberries and Cream - Comfort Food

Today I needed comfort.

It was just one of those days, following a tough couple of days, and today I thought I would find comfort in something from my childhood. Strawberries and Cream. As most things like this, I don't have a recipe, but when I was making it, I made sure to take notice of what my proportions were because I wanted to share with you, my recipe for Strawberries and Cream, with tea biscuits. Summer is on the way, and what better time to make this!

Strawberries and Cream
 
What you will need:
1 Cup of sour cream or plain yogurt
2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup sugar

What you need to do: Using an immersion blender, blend all ingredients until smooth (unless you like it a little bit chunky, then don't blend it as much). My girl likes it smooth, so I make sure to blend it well.

Refrigerate until tea biscuits are ready.

Tea Biscuits

What you will need:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2/3 cup milk

What you need to do: Mix all dry ingredients together. Add in butter or margarine and mix with a fork or hands, until mixture is crumbly. Make a well in the middle. In a cup, mix the egg and milk slightly, and then add to the dry mixture. Mix together to make a soft dough.

Pat the dough onto a floured counter to a 1 inch thickness. Use a circle cutter to cut out 9 biscuits.

Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with a large granular sugar. I use turbinado sugar, or raw sugar. (Regular works just fine as well!)

Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack.

Now, that both are done, cut your biscuit in half, spoon on your strawberries and cream, and top with a few sliced strawberries!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment